Saturday, May 8, 2010

Attending my first NACA Workshop

Day 40 on my way to home ownership.

Kevin and I attended the NACA workshop this morning. We arrived a few minutes early and got a seat in the middle of the audience. The room was huge. I'll bet there were at least 150-200 people in the audience. It is impressive that they are able to get so many people there so early on a Saturday morning.

The main presenter, Amber, didn't smile much, but she laid out the program in a straight forward manner. I got the impression from her that if you do everything your NACA counselor asks of you, your dream will come true.

The guy who shared his experience about becoming a homeowner wasn't very interesting. He did seem happy about having a home though.

The Real Estate Agent who spoke seemed very nice. A pretty black woman in her late thirties (I am never good with age). She made me feel very excited to start looking for my home.

Listening to the presentation, I couldn't help but think I am ready now! I can do everything they ask for. This is so exciting. I can go in their office next week and give them everything they want and then we'll be approved.

Kevin and I left that session feeling very optimistic and excited about going forward with the NACA program.

No comments:

Post a Comment