Thursday, May 20, 2010

Getting my NACA Appointment

Day 52 on my way to home ownership.

I have been trying to contact NACA to schedule an appointment, but am having no luck.

On May 10 --- 10 days ago --- I requested an appointment on the NACA website. Online there wasn't any available appointments for the next month so I filled out the form to be contacted to schedule an appointment.

After 10 days of waiting to hear back from someone, I am starting to feel frustrated.

I went to my member profile online and "Click here to send an email to your Servicer. Be as detailed as possible." and posted the following note today (5/20/10)
I am trying to get an apt with a counselor but haven't heard anything. I have submitted all my documents (except budget) which i am finishing up this weekend. Can someone please call me? I am really ready to get this appointment and begin the process.

I call Meg Wiggins (my friend who had recommended me to NACA and completed the program) to ask her what she recommends as a best way to get the appointment scheduled. She said to call the DC office and schedule an appointment.

I then set about calling NACA and after 30 minutes or so I got a real live person on the Phone who worked with me to set an appointment. The first available appointment unfortunately isn't until July 8, 2010. 49 days from now....

No comments:

Post a Comment